Wednesday, August 19, 2009

2-Straight

The Buccos won their second straight game last night as they beat Milwaukee, 5-2. I am shocked, we don't do this anymore, we are lucky to win one game let alone two. Usually if we have a streak going it's a large losing streak, which in my mind is good. Am I crazy? No, because I want the #1 draft pick, I want Bryce Harper. The kids ridiculous I'll do a story on him later, but lets get to this game. Ross Ohlendorf showed once again that he is getting better and better every day. He threw a solid 7 innings, allowed 1 run, only let up 5 hits, struck out 5 batters, and got his 11th win. I really like Ohlendorf, he is the only Pirate pitcher that has been consistently good. Another interesting note, Lastings Milledge hit his 1st home run as he knocked a 2-run jack. Delwyn Young also crushed a home run. I'm happy to see that our guys are progressing, I hope to see more of it, but I still want to get Harper.

No comments:

Post a Comment